What evidence will suffice for Dream Act, deferred action cases?

Homeland security has set the fee for Dream Act applications
Certified Family Law Specialists in Orange County California

The evidence that you will need to provide to show that you came into the United States before the age of 16 and that you have lived in the United States for five years immediately presiding June 15, 2012, can include medical records such as immunization records, school records, financial records, employment records and military records;

The evidence you will need to show that you are current in school or have graduated will include, a diploma, GED certificate, report cards, and school transcripts.

What evidence will be enough to show that I was honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States includes reports of separation forms, military personnel records, and military health records.

Affidavits alone will not be sufficient as proof that you meet the guidelines for consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals but you can use affidavits to supplement where documentary evidence is not available or to fill gaps in the time for five year residence.  Dream act applications can be filed on August 15, 2012, don't delay file today.

Where can I get the dream act form/application?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

click on the logo to be redirected to the official I-821D download site

The form is I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and it can be downloaded from USCIS FORMS starting August 15, 2012

What immigration advantages can you get due to the DREAM Act?

The Dream Act permits you to get a form of relief described as “Deferred Action”, which basically gives you two valuable benefits:

1. The Dream Act prevents your deportation. This Dream Act relief is for a provisional, two-year period. Following the two-year period, most probably, you could reapply for or otherwise extend the Dream Act deportation relief.

2. The Dream Act will allow you to get a work permit “known as an Employment Authorization Card”. The work permit, through the Dream Act, would allow you to acquire a social security number and apply for a driver’s license.

What the DREAM Act is NOT

• The Dream Act is NOT a green card or a path to a green card
• The Dream Act is NOT U.S. citizenship and doesn’t lead to citizenship
• The Dream Act will not allow you to travel outside of the United States

For further information regarding immigration issues such as the Dream Act, Deferred action please contact the immigration lawyer in Orange County at 714-971-8000. Call today for your free consultation!

Homeland security has set the fee for Dream Act applications
Certified Family Law Specialists in Orange County California

Comments are closed.