Deferred Action Qualifications & Information - The Dream Act also being referred to as Deferred Action form I-821D is a new program established by the Department of Homeland Security intended to permit selected individuals who did not deliberately disobey immigration law to resume to live and work in the United States.
This signifies is that individuals who were brought into the United States unlawfully and who were raised in the U.S.A. did not set out to violate any immigration laws. Subsequently they are not accountable for what transpired when they were youthful; therefore, it is irrational to penalize them. The Department of Homeland Security has determined that it is pointless to deport qualified immigrants if they meet specific measures.
In order to obtain this help you must file a request for Deferred Action along with a form for employment authorization. If granted, you will be able to work in the United States lawfully.
Who Qualifies For Deferred Action?
• You must have arrived in the United States when you were younger than 16 years of age;
• You must have been present in the United States for five years before to June 15, 2012 (please note: brief trips outside of the United States will not effect this condition);
• You must be older than15 to apply;
• You must not be older than 30 years of age;
• You graduated from a high school or something equal to, or are currently enrolled in school or are a veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard or United States military;
• You have a clean background record without felonies. If you have misdemeanors they must be small. (Consult an attorney to see if your misdemeanor will prevent you from applying) or any proof of you being a risk to national security.
What Documents will I have to provide to prove I qualify for Deferred Action?
The common documents are as follows
o Medical records
o Financial records
o School records, such as diplomas, report cards, year books, awards, transcripts
o Employment records
o Military records (must have been honorably discharged)
o GED certificate
o Any countless other records