California Law Regarding Child Custody & Visitation Rights of Parents in Domestic Violence Cases
Can I lose custody of my children if I have been charged with domestic violence?: Abuse can be physical, mental, emotional, financial, or sexual. Domestic abuse occurs between people with an existing relationship, including the following:
• People who have been in a romantic relationship, like spouses, boyfriend and girlfriend, or domestic partners,
• People who currently or formerly lived together,
• People who are related either by blood or by marriage,
• People who have children together, or
• Parents who abuse children.