Tag Archives: What are my options for serving the other party with a copy of the California divorce petition

If My Spouse Lives Outside CA How Do I Serve Divorce Petition for my California dissolution of marriage?

When you decide to file for divorce in California, your spouse or partner has a legal right to be made aware of the divorce proceedings, and you cannot get a divorce without making a reasonable attempt to let the other party know. There are several ways you can go about informing your spouse or partner of the action against them; it is called serving divorce papers. The method of service that you choose can depend on several factors, including your current relationship with your partner or spouse, his or her whereabouts, or whether or not you know where your spouse or partner currently lives.
Read more