Immigration family based petition Lawyers
When it comes to immigration family based petitions, only some family relationships are used as a foundation for permanent residence.
1. Immediate relative (opposite sex spouse, minor children & parents) of U.S. citizens
(A U.S. citizen must be at least 21 years of age in order to sponsor his or her parents.)
2. Unmarried (or married to a same sex spouse) sons and daughters (21 years of age or older) of U.S. citizens
3. Opposite sex spouse and minor children (under 21 year old) of lawful permanent residents
4. Unmarried (or married to a same sex spouse) sons and daughters (21 years of age or older) of lawful permanent residents
5. Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
6. Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens
In a nutshell the above list is the eligibility requirements for immigration through a family member. However, there are always exceptions to the rule, please consult with an immigration attorney in order have your case reviewed. We are located in the city of Orange, California. We are located off the 22 freeway on The City Drive.
Disclaimer: California Family Law Attorney Disclaimer