Filing Your Divorce Case: Step One

Filing Your Divorce Case: Step Two
What is Power of Attorney?

1. If you are starting the divorce case, you will be known as the petitioner. You must fill out the following forms:

-Marriage Petition: This form is used to give basic information about your marriage and you can also use this form to request court orders such as child support orders and spousal support orders.

-Summons: This form will contain very important information that you must read abou the divorce process. This form also ontains information about restraining orders that limit things you can do with your children, assets, money etc.

-Property Declaration: Use this from to list your property and debts that you acquired during your marriage.

-Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act: You must complete this form if you and your spouse have children under the age of 18.

-Child Custody and Visitation Application Attachment: This form is to request that the court make orders on custody and visitation and is optional. It contains very detailed information about schedules for visits and holidays so it's very helpful when asking for these orders so that you don't leave anything out of your request.

2. You should have all your forms reviewed by a professional before submitting them to make sure you've filled everything properly and haven't left any information out that could possibly slow your case.

3. You might be required to fill out local forms, depending on the court. Ask the court clerk or your lawyer about any additional court forms you may be needing to complete.

4. Make extra copies of all your forms, one for yourself, one for your spouse and the originals will be filed with the court.

Filing Your Divorce Case: Step Two
What is Power of Attorney?

Comments are closed.