Top Orange County Divorce Lawyers and Family Law Attorneys in California
Welcome, my name is Bettina Yanez, a recognized TOP Family Law & Divorce - Certified Family Law Specialist in California and founder of Yanez & Associates. When retaining a CFLS you can rest assured you are in good hands. A Specialist is an attorney with the greatest level of education and skill acknowledged by the legal profession. Many states, prohibit attorneys from claiming they are “specialist” in their practice area, unless they have obtained certification through their state bar.
With Offices in the City of Orange California, I have been practicing Family Law/Divorce/Immigration in Orange County and Los Angeles County since 2000. I have a staff of experienced attorneys and support staff available to assist you and your family with your legal matters.
For instance, if you or your spouse are planning on filing for a "dissolution of marriage" in California, make sure that you have satisfied the residency requirements. One party must be living in the state for at least six months and three months in the county where you will be filing.
You may contact us 24/7, at 714.971.8000. The firm will contact you within 24 hours to schedule your consultation with one of the attorneys. For emergencies, one of the attorneys will call you a ASAP. Business hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM. Upon request, a Saturday appointment can be scheduled.
A dissolution of marriage cannot legally be finalized earlier than six months from the date the petition (A formal application made to a court in writing that requests action on a certain matter) is served.
The facts are, “No one can promise you a fast divorce” the process must take its course.
Q: Could it take longer than the six months?
A: Yes, even though the law states that six months is the least amount of time, your dissolution of marriage could take longer if parties cannot agree.
There are several legal issues that could increase the amount of time that your dissolution could take to finalize.
Amicable agreements are not always possible; therefore, trials are necessary
Rest assured we are knowledgeable and experience in dealing with California Family Law matters. We get results in family legal matters for our clients, for instance, but not limitted to divorce, child custody, paternity, child support, property division, domestic violence...
For more information, on a particular area of practice, please click on the thumbnails below
Divorce lawyers in Orange County CA video...
child custody orange county...
Child visitation attorney in Orange County California...
Child support attorney Orange County...
Orange County spousal support attorneys...
Restraining Order attorney in Orange County CA...
We have over 15 years experience helping clients throughout Southern California.
Our assertive Top divorce lawyers are ready to help you.
Child support - California has a statewide formula (called a "guideline") for calculating how much should be paid. If parents can't be in agreement, the judge will make a decision on the amount based on the guideline calculation.
The rule calculation depends on:
- How much the parents make or can make
- How much extra income each parent obtains
- How many offspring these parents have jointly
- How much time each parent devotes with their children
- The real tax filing status of both parents
- Support of children from other relationships
- Health insurance expenditures
- Required union dues
- Required retirement contributions
- The expense of splitting daycare and uninsured health-care expenditures
- Other reasons
- Traveling for visitation from one parent to another, Educational expenses; Other special needs.
Spousal support - Calculating Spousal takes the following into account
- The length of the marriage or domestic partnership
- What each person needs based on the standard of living they had during the marriage or domestic partnership
- What each person pays or can pay (including earnings and earning capacity) to keep the standard of living they had during the marriage or domestic partnership
- Whether having a job would make it too hard to take care of the children
- The age and health of both people
- Debts and property
- Whether one spouse or domestic partner helped the other get an education, training, career, or professional license
- Whether there was domestic violence in the marriage or domestic partnership
- Whether one spouse’s or domestic partner’s career was affected by unemployment or by taking care of the children or home; The tax impact of spousal support .
- Legal custody - meaning - who makes the important decisions for your child (for example, education, health care, and welfare)
- Physical custody - meaning, where the children will live.
- Real Estate - house
- Jewelry, Furniture; clothing
- Bank accounts, cash
- Security deposits such as "rental dwellings"
- Pension plans
- 401(k) plans
- Stocks, bonds
- Life insurance that has cash value
- Intellectual property such as a patent
In a nutshell, the key to overcoming a long dragged out dissolution is, collaboration. No one wants a long, expensive, difficult; stressful legal ordeal. Such an approach will not accomplish anything, but only manage to cause additional pain for all parties involved. The goal should be to accept the situation and move on with ones life. The sooner you are able to finalize your dissolution of marriage, the sooner you can begin a new life.
In no way am I advising to give away what you legally deserve. What I am saying is that all parties must be willing to cooperate in order to reach an amicable agreement, one that is binding under California Law.
Well-calculated quick resolutions will save you time in court and attorney fees.
Schedule a free consultation to review your options. Our goal is to achieve a quick and amicable solution to your legal matters.
Orange County dissolution attorneys "KNOWLEDGEABLE & COMMITTED TO MEET YOUR LEGAL NEEDS”
Southern California Law Firm, committed to helping you.
Our Firm will tailor a plan that will meet your specific needs. One that will get a favorable legal outcome for YOU!
We will assist you throughout your legal proceedings. Our staff is always current with all California Family Law issues in order to ensure you attain a favorable legal outcome.
To schedule your free consultation, please call us at 714-665-6600 a 24/7 receptionist is ready to assist if we are away from the office. The Attorney will be reached within minutes via a text to their cell phones, 24/7.
Serving all of Orange and Los Angeles Counties; ensuring the client receives the best possible outcome...
Handling cases throughout Southern California including but not limitted to the following areas: Santa Ana, Anaheim, Fullerton, Placentia, Brea, Yorba Linda, Norwalk, Orange, Buena Park, Villa Park, La Mirada, Orange, Tustin, Irvine and more...
Bettina Yanez is an affordable experienced Certified Family Law Specialist with offices in Tustin.
Our Southern California Law Firm is experienced in resolving family and immigration issues. Always striving to give clients the best legal advice.
You are unrestricted to find the best lawyers that are prompt and affordable and will fight for the best results in order to help restore your peace of mind. You need a knowledgeable, determined and involved Lawyer.Bettina Yanez is a lawyer who will “spell it out in the best and basic terms”, so you can understand your legal rights clearly.
Our Southern California Family attorneys are recognized for their integrity and crusade to safeguard you throughout the legal procedures so that you can resume with your life. Do not wait for child support and spousal support, these are legal issues that need resolving as soon as possible.
Find the best legal counsel you feel comfortable with; one you can trust.
For more information please visit our section on Mediation
Please note: Family law encompasses many areas and at times may overlap other areas of law, such as criminal, probate, immigration and many more...
- contested and uncontested
- domestic violence - violence and emotional abuse within a home
- spousal support - also known as alimony
- Annulment - legal procedure for affirming a marriage/union "null and void"
- post-judgment modifications -
- Legal separation - under United States law
- Firm Overview - area dealing with related legal matters and domestic relations
- Property division / Property settlement - considered “community property” subject to a 50-50 division (CA)
- TRO - Temporary restraining order - order that tells a person to stop harassing or harming another
- Premarital agreements - also known as prenuptial agreement
Children's issues - (must not fall between the cracks)
- Child custody - legal control and responsibility for the minor
- Child Support - moneys to be disbursed by one parent to the custodial parent of the minor as ordered by the court
- Modifications - small alteration, adjustment, or limitation
- Adoptions - the act of legally placing a child with a parent or parents other than those to whom they were born.
- Visitation Rights - rights awarded by the court to visit the children on a consistent basis
- Paternity - to determine the identity of the father for the child conceived out of marriage.
- Right's of the Grandparents - visitation and potential custody(?)
- Trusts, Wills and estates -
- Limited liability companies -
- Partnerships -
- Handling conservatorships & guardianships -
- Formation of nonprofit and profit corporations -
- Estate administration matters -Small business entities
- Lawful Permanent |Residency, Visas, I-90 -
- Cuban Adjustment Act -
- Adjustment of Status, New Amnesty (LIFE) Act. -
Personal Injury - also known as (PI)
The dissolution of marriage is the end of the marriage, stopping legal obligations and responsibilities of the marriage and dissolving away the ties of matrimony among couples. In many nations, it requires the approval of the judge or other experts in a legal procedure to finalize. The dissolution does not confirm the marriage null and void, like in an annulment; however, it ends the status of being married. Hence, allowing the individuals to move on with their lives and marry again.
The legal process for a dissolution of marriage may also include issues of child support, spousal support, child custody, distribution of assets/property, debt division, however these matters are typically secondary or ensuing from a dissolution.
Certain areas do not necessitate a party to declare fault of their spouse. Yes, even in regions, which have accepted the "no fault" law, a court may possibly nevertheless consider the events of the parties when splitting the property, debts, assessing custody, and support of spouse and children.
Within many regions, the dissolution must be permitted by the court to become real. The circumstances are typically settled by a court, although they might deliberate post-nuptial agreements or prenuptial agreements, or approved arrangements that the party could have approved to in private. In the absence of understanding, a contested dissolution may be chaotic to the spouses and lead to costly lawful action. Other approaches to resolutions have lately come into sight, such as; collaborative divorce and ;mediation, which resolves jointly amenable solutions to differences.
The Divorce Lawyers for Los Angeles County & Orange County helping clients in the following communities Anaheim, Brea, Fullerton, Newport, Norwalk, Orange, Placentia, Santa Ana, Tustin, Villa Park, Yorba Linda and many more.