Tag Archives: served

Who is the Respondent in a Divorce?

In a divorce the respondent will be the party who is served with divorce papers. The respondent will be required to respond to a divorce within a certain number of days. The opposing party that has filed for divorce will be known as the petitioner throughout the divorce process. If you would like to be…
Read more

Responding to Divorce or Separation

Either spouse in a marriage or partner in a registered domestic partnership can ask the court to end their legal relationship. If you have been served with a petition and summons for dissolution (divorce) or legal separation, your spouse or domestic partner is asking the court to end your relationship. In California, as long as…
Read more