Domestic Violence is when a person is being hurt or is in fear of abuse by a person with whom they are in/ or were in an intimate dating relationship such as a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend or domestic partner. If you are in danger call police or tell someone. Tell a friend, a family member, tell a co-workers, seek medical attention and if you feel you need the protection of a temporary restraining order call an experienced Orange County Family Law Attorney to assist you.
What constitutes domestic Violence? Violence can be any of the following:
- Sexual assault, Rape;
- Placing a partner in reasonable fear that they, a child or family member are going to be gravely injured; OR
- Blocking someone’s path, shoving, kicking, harassing, stalking, threatening to hurt or kill, physical abuse such as hitting, throwing objects; disturbing someone’s peace; or destroying personal property;
- Physical abuse of family pets;
- Abuse can also be verbal, emotional or psychological.
If you are in danger call police or go to a local shelter. The police can help you and your children leave the family home safely. If needed the local police can help you obtain an Emergency Protective Order (EPO) and police will interview all parties, investigate, take pictures and if there is proof of the abuse the police can arrest the perpetrator of domestic violence.
If you need assistance you can also call or go to the following cites make sure you are using a safe telephone or computer. You may want to use a friends computer to look up hotline and shelter information for your protection.
· National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) or visit www.ndvh.org
· If you are a teen being abused call the National Teen Dating Helpline at 1-866-331-9474 or visit www.loveisrespect.org
· If you have been raped or experienced sexual violence, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit www.rainn.org
For further information regarding domestic violence and more please contact the Domestic Violence Lawyers at 714-971-8000. Call today for your free 60-minute consultation!