If you have been wondering, when can a divorcing couple use the same lawyer?, well usually, one divorce attorney cannot work with both clients. However there is an exception to the rule. Joint representation is permitted when:
- Both clients concur on the major issues
- Both clients are sure they can work out the minor matters
- Both clients comprehend that the lawyer cannot completely represent both under the conditions
- Both clients have come to an agreement to this in writing, and
- Both clients just want the attorney to do the form-filling.
Please note: If a misunderstanding does arise, the attorney morally has to handover at least one client to another lawyer. Moreover, the lawyer may have to transfer both clients to other attorneys if the lawyer has knowledge of some things about the couple that makes it prejudicial for that lawyer to resume to represent one of them.
Divorce should always be a last recourse. Couples should attempt to save their marriage if workable. After you have depleted all avenues, we are here to help you in your divorce procedure. Our divorce firm is located in Orange County. We are a family law & divorce firm you can trust. With experienced family law attorneys whom practice in all areas of family law. Located across the street from Tustin City Hall and Tustin Police Department. Our family law firm is well known and esteemed.