With Valentine’s Day in the middle of February, you would think it’s the most romantic month of the year. However, ironically, February seems to be the most active month for divorce. There’s even a little riddle devoted to the month of divorce: “Roses are red/ violets are blue/ I made a mistake in marrying you.” The reasons why February is the most active month for divorce are unidentified, but perhaps it’s because the expectations you have of your loved one is highest, and when your expectations are not met, your disappointment is also the highest.
Some other divorce statistics are provided below:
1) The average cost of divorce is $18,400
2) The average length of divorce process is 8 months.
3) 50% of marriages in the U.S. end in divorce.
4) 80% of divorces are the result of a one-sided decision.
5) Las Vegas is the most active city for divorce and the least expensive city for divorce
6) San Francisco is the least active city for divorce.
7) Los Angeles is the most expensive city for divorce.
For further information regarding divorce and more please call the OC divorce lawyers at 714-971-8000. Call today for your free 60-minute consultation!